Microsoft Project Training – Advanced. Learn from the Philippines.
Take your MS Project skills to the next level.
This course will introduce more complex and advanced tools within Microsoft Project. You will learn to automate repetitive tasks using Macros, run and modify standard graphical reports as well as create your own custom report plus downsize large project files into more manageable entities. View the full course outline below.
Microsoft Project Training – Advanced. Learn from the Philippines.
Learn to automate with Macros, run and modify standard graphical reports and create your own custom reports.
Tue 18 Apr 23
Wed 17 May 23
Thu 15 Jun 23
Wed 12 Jul 23
Fri 11 Aug 23
Mon 11 Sep 23
Mon 9 Oct 23
Tue 7 Nov 23
Wed 6 Dec 23
Few Seats left
Try another date.
Project – Advanced. Learn from the Philippines. Course Details
9am - 4pm ( approx )
Class Size (max)
Class Size (avg)
Level 40 PBCom Tower
6795 Ayala Avenue Corner V.A.
Project Course Outlines
Project Beginner₱ 18,000
Project Intermediate₱ 18,000
Project Advanced₱ 18,000
Try our short skills test and find out which course is right for you.
What do I need to know to attend?
Our Microsoft Project Intermediate course includes assigning resources to a project, project progress tracking, project cost, and working more productively with project views. You can build on this course with the Advanced level.
The course is delivered in Microsoft Project Desktop, we don't currently offer a Project Online course.
Project – Advanced. Learn from the Philippines. Learning Outcomes
- Understand and create Custom Fields to show non-standard data
- Understand lookup fields, calculations and traffic light custom formatting
- Work with Work Breakdown Structure Codes and create custom WBS schemes
- Explore the inbuilt Graphical Reports in Project and create new custom Reports
- Create Visual Reports using Pivot Tables in Project
- Understand and create Project Templates
- Understand how to use a common Resource Pool between several projects
- Understand how Projects can be linked, combined into Master Projects and split into smaller SubProjects
- Introduction to using Macros in Project
Project – Advanced. Learn from the Philippines. Course Content
- Custom Fields
- Understanding Custom Fields
- Creating Custom Fields
- Inserting Custom Fields
- Creating a Formula in a Custom Field
- Modifying a Formula
- Testing a Formula
- Understanding Graphical Indicator Custom Field
- Creating Graphical Indicator Custom Field
- Creating a Lookup Custom Field
- Creating an Outline Code Mask
- Entering Lookup Table Values
- Using a Lookup Table
- WBS Codes
- Understanding WBS Codes
- Creating WBS Codes
- Altering Tasks with Custom WBS Codes
- Renumbering WBS Codes
- Editing Custom WBS Codes
- Custom Views
- Preparing for the Custom View
- Creating a Custom Filter for the View
- Creating a Custom Group for the View
- Creating a Custom Table for the View
- Creating the Custom View
- Removing a Custom View and its Components
- Graphical Reports
- Understanding Graphical Reports
- How Graphical Reports Work
- Running a Report
- Formatting Chart Objects
- Manipulating Report Data
- Filtering Report Data
- Cloning an Existing Report
- Creating a New Report
- Enhancing Report Appearance
- Making Reports Global
- Removing Unwanted Reports
- Visual Reports
- Understanding Visual Reports
- Understanding Excel Visual Reports
- Creating a Visual Report from a Template
- Choosing Fields to Display in a Visual Report
- Changing the X Axis Categories
- Filtering a Visual Report
- Formatting a Visual Report
- Saving a Visual Report as a Template
- Using a Custom Visual Report Template
- Project Templates
- Understanding Project Templates
- Examining the Templates
- Saving a Project as a Template
- Using a Custom Project Template
- Specifying the Personal Templates Folder
- Using the Personal Template Folder
- Modifying a Template
- Understanding the Global Template
- Organising the Global Template
- Applying a Newly Organised Item
- Removing Items from the Global Template
- Microsoft Project Files
- Opening a Project 2007 File
- Moving a Project’s Start Date
- Working with Multiple Files
- Hiding Open Files
- Linking and Combining Projects
- Understanding Linked Projects
- Combining Projects
- Viewing a Combined Project
- Printing from a Combined Project
- Setting a Combined Project Start Date
- Changing Data in a Combined Project
- Saving and Closing a Combined Project
- Using Only the Combined Project File
- Using Only Subproject Files
- Inserting Subprojects
- Breaking Subproject Links
- Creating a Read Only Subproject
- Inserting Task Links
- Creating a Summary Milestone
- Shared Resources
- Understanding Resource Sharing
- Creating a Common Resource Pool
- Linking to an External Pool
- Linking a New Project File to the Pool
- Assigning Resources from the Pool
- Working with Shared Resources
- Checking for Resource Links
- Managing Shared Resources
- Opening Shared Resource Projects
- Opening the Resource Pool Only
- Assembling a Resource Master
- Working with a Resource Master
- Downsizing Larger Projects
- Understanding Project Downsizing
- Creating the Resource File
- Creating Smaller Projects
- Linking Subprojects to Resources
- Preparing for the Master Project
- Creating the Downsized Master File
- Setting Project Links
- Finalising the Master
- Other Applications
- Understanding Working with Applications
- Copying a Gantt Chart Image
- Copying Table Data
- Copying to Microsoft Excel
- Linking to Microsoft Excel
- Exporting to Microsoft Excel
- Exporting to Excel Using a Map
- Microsoft Project VBA
- Understanding Microsoft Project VBA
- Accessing the Developer Tab
- Recording a Macro
- Running a Macro
- Editing a Macro
- Running an Edited Macro
- Localising a Macro
- Running a Localised Macro
Valued by Individuals
Paul is great. Clear, fun and patient
Ashika - Power BI Beginner Brisbane, 30 Mar 2023.
Very informative, good flow, and thanks for all the side tips and tricks. Feel like I have a very solid foundation to pursue special topics.
Rebecca - Power BI Beginner Brisbane, 30 Mar 2023.
Exceptional. Great presentation skills. Great understanding of skill set of students. Very patient.
firstname.lastname@example.org - Power BI Beginner Brisbane, 30 Mar 2023.
Paul was very knowledgeable and easy to understand. Thanks for a great session Paul!
Joanne - Power BI Beginner Brisbane, 30 Mar 2023.
Very good teacher, clear, concise, and knowledgeable.
Oliver - Power BI Beginner Brisbane, 30 Mar 2023.
Very friendly and helpful
Tahlia - Power BI Beginner Brisbane, 30 Mar 2023.
Excellent trainer, very engaging. Thoroughly enjoyed the course
Aaron - Power BI Beginner Brisbane, 30 Mar 2023.
An amazing trainer.
jade - Power BI Beginner Brisbane, 30 Mar 2023.
The trainer was great, very engaging and helpful. She explained everything very well
Heba - Excel Intermediate Remote East, 30 Mar 2023.
Jagg is great, was very happy to help and great at explain and going at a good pace for the group. Only feedback after doing both Intermediate and Advance is doing both courses where only sale data is used is a little disappointing for me as I will not be using power BI for sales data. We did touch on emails and report data and that was great.
Baille - Power BI Advanced Remote East, 30 Mar 2023.
Conducted the training session to a very high degree, very informative and comprehensive
Luke - Excel Intermediate Remote East, 30 Mar 2023.
Training was very clear and concise.
Conor - Excel Intermediate Brisbane, 30 Mar 2023.