Microsoft Project Courses - Intermediate - Singapore
Learn how to manage project costs and budgets using MS Project
Our Microsoft Project Intermediate course, includes assigning resources to a project, progress tracking, allocating cost and working more productively with project views. This course build on the core knowledge taught in our Project Beginner course. View our full course outline below.
Microsoft Project Courses - Intermediate - Singapore
Assign resources to a project, track progress, allocate costs and work more productively with Project views.
Wed 14 Jun 23
Status: Few Seats
Tue 11 Jul 23
Thu 10 Aug 23
Fri 8 Sep 23
Mon 6 Nov 23
Tue 5 Dec 23
Few Seats left
Try another date.
Project Intermediate Singapore Course Details
9am - 4pm ( approx )
Class Size (max)
Class Size (avg)
Levels 21 & 34
3 Temasek Avenue
Project Course Outlines
Try our short skills test and find out which course is right for you.
What do I need to know to attend?
You should have completed the MS Project Beginner course or be familiar with the basics of Microsoft Project. The course is aimed at those familiar with MS Project but looking to learn how to get the most out of the in-built features.
The course is delivered in Microsoft Project Desktop, we don't currently offer a Project Online course.
Project Intermediate Singapore Learning Outcomes
- Understand different methods of fixing over-allocated resources
- Understand how costs can be assigned to Work, Material and Cost Resources
- Add and work with constraints to your schedule
- Start tracking actual performance in a project
- Understand how Views are created and create your own custom Views
- Use Filters, Highlighting and Grouping to control how your Project data is presented
- Format your Gantt Charts to highlight crucial information
Project Intermediate Singapore Course Content
- Resource Levelling
- Understanding Resource Levelling
- Creating Resource Chaos
- Tracking Down Over Allocations
- Checking Resource Usage
- Creating an Over Allocation Report
- Fix 1 – Changing Work Effort
- Understanding Overtime
- Fix 2 – Assigning Overtime
- Fix 3 – Hiring Contract Labour
- Fix 4 – Switching Work Assignments
- Fix 5 – Rescheduling Tasks
- Assigning Materials
- Assigning Fixed Material Consumption
- Contouring Materials Usage
- Adding More Material Assignments
- Assigning Variable Usage Material
- Adding to a Material Assignment
- Checking Work for Materials
- Understanding Project Costs
- Reviewing Current Costs
- Entering Variable Costs
- Case Study Variable Costs
- Assigning Daily Costs
- Assigning Per Usage Costs
- Assigning Fixed Costs
- Assigning Material Costs
- Using Another Cost Table
- Applying a Different Cost Table
- Changing Rates During a Project
- Assigning Cost Resources
- Viewing Project Costs
- Constraints and Deadlines
- Understanding Constraints and Deadlines
- Reviewing Our Project
- Adding a Constraint
- Using Elapsed Time
- Rescheduling Tasks
- Creating a Deadline
- Project Tracking
- Creating a Baseline
- Automatically Updating Tasks
- Manually Updating Tasks
- Entering Delayed Tasks
- Tracking Actuals on a Gantt Chart
- Using the Tracking Box
- Viewing Task Slippage
- Printing and Reporting
- Printing a Gantt Chart
- Printing Sheet Views
- Printing Tasks for Resources
- Printing Resources for Tasks
- Project Views
- Understanding Project Views
- Working With the Standard Views
- Creating Split Views
- Creating a Custom View
- Creating a Custom Combination View
- Using Custom Views
- Customising the View Menus
- Saving an Existing View
- Deleting Unwanted Views
- Keeping New Views Local
- Exploring Tables
- Creating a New Table
- Adding Fields Using Add New Column
- Adding Fields Using Insert Column
- Adding Simple Custom Fields
- Formatting Table Fields
- Creating a Simple Lookup Table
- Using a Custom Table
- Using a Hyperlink Field
- Controlling Project Data
- Understanding the Data Tools
- Basic Data Highlighting
- Highlighting Date Ranges
- Highlighting a Range of Tasks
- Highlighting Tasks With Specific Resources
- More Highlight Filters
- Applying Filters
- Creating a Custom Filter
- Using a Custom Filter
- Editing Existing Filters
- Deleting an Unwanted Filter
- Grouping Tasks
- Using AutoFilters
- Formatting Projects
- Understanding the Timescale
- Changing Time Periods
- Showing Tiers
- Modifying Specific Tiers
- Formatting for Non-Working Time
- Changing Text Styles
- Working With Gridlines
- Displaying Progress Lines
- Working With Progress Lines
- Changing the Layout
- Understanding Gantt Chart Bars
- Changing Gantt Chart Styles
- Changing Bar Text
- Formatting Selected Bars
- Changing Bar Styles
- Printing Gantt Charts
- Placing Printing Commands on the Ribbon
- Using Print Preview
- Setting Page Breaks
- Printing Specific Dates and Pages
- Printing Headers
- Printing Footers
- Working With the Legend
- Getting the Right Report Fit
- Exporting to PDF
Valued by Individuals
I love that the topics are getting challenging, and since I've booked since the beginner lesson, Domenico is able to connect all the other trainings we had together. It's super helpful.
Alex - Excel Advanced Manila, 1 Jun 2023.
Perry was very good at explaining how to clean up the data and join the data together to create a single data point for pivot tables. He had some sage advice.
Cindy - Excel Expert Perth, 1 Jun 2023.
Very methodical, knows his stuff.
Kean - Excel Expert Perth, 1 Jun 2023.
The phase of the classes were really good. Making sure that everyone can follow and on the same page. Looking forward for the next lesson.
Ruel - Excel Advanced Manila, 1 Jun 2023.
Really easy to understand and explained everything well. Didn't move too fast so I never felt left behind. Highly reccomend.
Rachael - Excel Advanced Remote West, 1 Jun 2023.
I find it much better having everything in a singular workbook rather than lots of separate files. Got a lot our of the course and learning a lot, very well presented.
Daniel - Excel Advanced Remote West, 1 Jun 2023.
very informative and helpful
glenn - Excel Advanced Perth, 1 Jun 2023.
Again, Domenic was very knowledgeable and had a very easy and logical training style which helped the course to make sense.
Daniel - Excel Advanced Perth, 1 Jun 2023.
Excellent presentation. Even though I have dealt with a lot of the content in the course prior but it was a good refresher and pointed out a few of the upgraded word capabilities I haven't consider using in the past..
Kevin - Word Advanced Remote West, 1 Jun 2023.
Jenny was engaging and supportive throughout.
Andrew - Word Advanced Remote West, 1 Jun 2023.
Trainer was engaging and very knowledgeable on the subject being taught.
Leah - Project Intermediate Adelaide, 1 Jun 2023.
Jenny was a great professor. She did well at breaking down the material logically. Very personable and easy to learn from. Made the class very enjoyable.
John - Word Advanced Manila, 1 Jun 2023.