Microsoft Word - Beginner Course - Training Thailand
Its important to get the basics right first.
Learn how to get started in Microsoft Word. We will teach you how to create professional documents efficiently. Gaining and understanding of core Word skills will save you a lot of time and frustration. Learn to work the smart way.
Microsoft Word - Beginner Course - Training Thailand
Learn the basics of Microsoft Word in our one-day beginner course. Courses running remotely in Thailand.
Few Seats left
Try another date.
Word Beginner Thailand Course Details
9am - 4pm ( approx )
Class Size (max)
Class Size (avg)
999 Gaysorn Plaza
5th Floor Unit 5B-1 Ploenchit Rd
Word Course Outlines
Word Intermediate฿ 7,800
Word Beginner฿ 7,800
Word Advanced฿ 7,800
MO-101 Word Certification
Try our short skills test and find out which course is right for you.
What do I need to know to attend?
There is no requirement for the Word Beginner course.
Word Beginner Thailand Learning Outcomes
- Work with the basic features of Word
- Create a new document
- Work with a document
- Display documents using various views
- Select and work with text in a document
- Use a range of font formatting techniques
- Format paragraphs
- Create and modify tabs and tables
- Insert and work with clip art and pictures
- Use the Mail Merge Wizard to perform mail merges
- Print a document
- Find the information you need in Help
- Create high quality document designs and layouts
- Work effectively with features that affect the page layout of your document
Word Beginner Thailand Course Content
- Starting Word from the Desktop
- Understanding the Start Screen
- Creating a New Blank Document
- How Word Works
- Using the Ribbon
- Showing and Collapsing the Ribbon
- Understanding the Backstage View
- Accessing the Backstage View
- Using Shortcut Menus
- Understanding Dialog Boxes
- Launching Dialog Boxes
- Understanding the Quick Access Toolbar
- Adding Commands to the QAT
- Understanding the Status Bar
- Exiting Safely from Word
- Creating Documents in Word
- Typing Text
- The Save As Place
- The Save As Dialog Box
- Saving a New Document
- Typing Numbers
- Inserting a Date
- Document Proofing
- Checking Spelling and Grammar
- Making Basic Changes
- Saving an Existing Document
- Printing a Document
- Safely Closing a Document
- The Open Place
- The Open Dialog Box
- Opening an Existing Document
- Navigating With the Keyboard
- Scrolling Through a Document
- Page Zooming
- Viewing the Ruler
- Showing Paragraph Marks
- Counting Words
- Viewing Multiple Pages
- Viewing Page Width
- Viewing 100 Percent
- Splitting the Window
- Opening a New Window
- Understanding Document Views
- Changing Document Views
- Understanding Read Mode
- Viewing a Document in Read Mode
- Viewing Gridlines
- Techniques for Selecting Text
- Selecting Text Using the Mouse
- Selecting Text Using the Keyboard
- Editing Text in Insert Mode
- Editing Text in Overtype Mode
- Understanding Find and Replace
- Deleting Text
- Using Undo
- Using Redo
- Using Repeat
- Using Click and Type
- Inserting Symbols and Special Characters
- Finding Words
- The Find and Replace Dialog Box
- Replacing Words
- Performing Advanced Searches
- Using Go To
- Understanding Font Formatting
- Understanding Font Formatting Tools
- Working With Live Preview
- Changing Fonts
- Changing Font Size
- Superscripting Text
- Increasing and Decreasing Font Size
- Making Text Bold
- Italicising Text
- Underlining Text
- Applying Strikethrough
- Subscripting Text
- Highlighting Text
- Changing Case
- Changing Text Colour
- Applying Text Effects
- Using the Format Painter
- Using the Font Dialog Box
- Clearing Font Formatting
- Understanding Paragraph Formatting
- Understanding Text Alignment
- Changing Text Alignments
- Changing Line Spacing
- Changing Paragraph Spacing
- Indenting Paragraphs
- Outdenting Paragraphs
- Starting a Bulleted List
- Adding Bullets to Existing Paragraphs
- Removing Existing Bullets
- Starting a Numbered List
- Numbering Existing Paragraphs
- Creating a Multilevel List
- Removing Existing Numbers
- Borders and Shading Dialog Box
- Shading Paragraphs
- Applying Borders to Paragraphs
- The Paragraph Dialog Box
- Indents and Spacing
- The Paragraph Dialog Box
- Line and Page Breaks
- Using the Paragraph Dialog Box
- Changing Page Margins
- Setting Custom Margins
- Changing Page Orientation
- Changing Paper Sizing
- Setting Custom Paper Sizes
- Inserting Page Breaks
- Removing Page Breaks
- Inserting Page Numbers
- Formatting Page Numbers
- Removing Page Numbers
- Using Default Tabs Setting
- Tabs on the Ruler
- Modifying Tabs on the Ruler
- Setting Tabs in the Tabs Dialog Box
- Setting Tab Leaders
- Setting Bar Tabs
- Setting Mixed Tabs
- Removing Tabs
- Understanding Tables
- Creating a Table
- Adding Data to a Table
- Selecting in Tables using the Ribbon
- Selecting in Tables using the Mouse
- Inserting Columns and Rows
- Deleting Columns and Rows
- Changing Column Widths
- Changing Row Heights
- Autofitting Columns
- Shading Cells
- Modifying Borders
- Adding Custom Borders
- Choosing a Table Style
- ClipArt Pictures
- Understanding Clip Art and Pictures
- Inserting Clip Art
- Selecting Clip Art
- Applying Text
- Wrapping Styles
- Positioning Clip Art
- Resizing Clip Art
- Applying Picture Styles to Clip Art
- Resetting Clip Art
- Deleting Clip Art
- Mail Merge
- Understanding Printing
- Previewing Your Document
- Quick Printing
- Selecting a Printer
- Printing the Current Page
- Specifying a Range of Pages
- Specifying the Number of Copies
- Understanding Mail Merge
- Understanding the Mail Merge Process
- Creating a Recipient List
- Creating the Starting Document
- Starting the Mail Merge Wizard
- Selecting a Recipient List
- Inserting Mail Merge Fields
- Previewing the Merged Documents
- Completing the Merge
- Understanding How Help Works
- The Help Window
- Using the Office Website
- Googling Help
- Printing a Help Topic
- Meeting Organisational Requirements
- The Four Pillars of Great Design
- Perfect Page Layouts
- Make It Readable
- Pictures Tell a Story
- The Tips and Traps of Writing
Valued by Individuals
I love that the topics are getting challenging, and since I've booked since the beginner lesson, Domenico is able to connect all the other trainings we had together. It's super helpful.
Alex - Excel Advanced Manila, 1 Jun 2023.
Perry was very good at explaining how to clean up the data and join the data together to create a single data point for pivot tables. He had some sage advice.
Cindy - Excel Expert Perth, 1 Jun 2023.
Very methodical, knows his stuff.
Kean - Excel Expert Perth, 1 Jun 2023.
The phase of the classes were really good. Making sure that everyone can follow and on the same page. Looking forward for the next lesson.
Ruel - Excel Advanced Manila, 1 Jun 2023.
Really easy to understand and explained everything well. Didn't move too fast so I never felt left behind. Highly reccomend.
Rachael - Excel Advanced Remote West, 1 Jun 2023.
I find it much better having everything in a singular workbook rather than lots of separate files. Got a lot our of the course and learning a lot, very well presented.
Daniel - Excel Advanced Remote West, 1 Jun 2023.
very informative and helpful
glenn - Excel Advanced Perth, 1 Jun 2023.
Again, Domenic was very knowledgeable and had a very easy and logical training style which helped the course to make sense.
Daniel - Excel Advanced Perth, 1 Jun 2023.
Excellent presentation. Even though I have dealt with a lot of the content in the course prior but it was a good refresher and pointed out a few of the upgraded word capabilities I haven't consider using in the past..
Kevin - Word Advanced Remote West, 1 Jun 2023.
Jenny was engaging and supportive throughout.
Andrew - Word Advanced Remote West, 1 Jun 2023.
Trainer was engaging and very knowledgeable on the subject being taught.
Leah - Project Intermediate Adelaide, 1 Jun 2023.
Jenny was a great professor. She did well at breaking down the material logically. Very personable and easy to learn from. Made the class very enjoyable.
John - Word Advanced Manila, 1 Jun 2023.