Microsoft Word Intermediate Training
Building your documents the smart way with Microsoft Word.
All courses running remotely, join your class live online.
Learn how to work smarter in Microsoft Word. Master in-built tools to create professional formatting themes, work with tables, shapes and images and more.
Courses offered remotely in Indonesia including Jakarta.
Microsoft Word Intermediate Training
Create documents efficiently by using the many in-built features of Word. Templates, styles, sections and more.
Thu 29 Jun 23
Wed 9 Aug 23
Wed 30 Aug 23
Tue 3 Oct 23
Fri 20 Oct 23
Tue 21 Nov 23
Wed 20 Dec 23
Few Seats left
Try another date.
Word Intermediate Course Details
9am - 4pm ( approx )
Class Size (max)
Class Size (avg)
Scientia Business Park Tower II
2th Floor Jalan Boulevad
Gading Serpong Block 0/2
Word Course Outlines
Word IntermediateRp 3.800K
Word BeginnerRp 3.800K
Word AdvancedRp 3.800K
MO-101 Word Certification
Try our short skills test and find out which course is right for you.
What do I need to know to attend?
There is no requirement for the Word Intermediate course.
Word Intermediate Learning Outcomes
- work with document techniques
- use a range of formatting techniques
- work with a PDF document
- work with Word options and document properties
- create and apply styles
- create and work effectively with themes
- create and use templates
- learn how to work with section breaks
- insert and work with headers and footers in a document
- perform various merging tasks
- draw and format shapes
- insert and work with text boxes
- use table features to improve the layout and format of tables
- enhance and correct pictures
Word Intermediate Course Content
- Opening Multiple Documents
- Switching Between Open Documents
- Arranging All
- Viewing Side By Side
- Synchronised Scrolling
- Resetting the Window Position
- Inserting a Cover Page
- Applying Page Colours
- Applying a Page Border
- Understanding Columns
- Creating Columns of Text
- Specifying Column Widths and Spacing
- Inserting Column Breaks
- Applying First Line Indents
- Applying Hanging Indents
- Applying Right Indents
- Understanding Pagination
- Controlling Widows and Orphans
- Keeping Paragraphs Together
- Keeping Lines Together
- Inserting a Page Break
- Applying Hyphenation to Text
- Hiding Text
- Inserting a Drop Cap
- Understanding Returns
- Revealing Formatting
- Understanding PDF Documents
- Saving a Document as a PDF
- Viewing a PDF File in Reader
- Opening and Editing a PDF in Word
- Understanding Word Options
- Personalising Word
- Setting Display Options
- Understanding File Locations
- Setting File Locations
- Understanding Save Options
- Setting Save Options
- Understanding Document Properties
- Viewing Document Properties
- Specifying Document Properties
- Viewing Advanced Properties
- Inserting Properties into a Document
- Updating Document Properties
- Deleting Document Property Data
- Understanding Styles
- Applying Paragraph Styles
- Applying Character Styles
- Creating a Quick Style
- Creating a Paragraph Style
- Creating a Character Style
- Applying Custom Styles
- Understanding the Modify Style Dialog Box
- Selecting and Updating Styles
- Renaming and Deleting Styles
- Importing and Exporting Styles
- Understanding Themes
- Applying a Theme
- Modifying Theme Colours
- Modifying Theme Fonts
- Creating a Custom Theme
- Applying a Theme to a Template
- Resetting a Theme
- Understanding Templates
- Using a Sample Template
- Downloading an Online Template
- Creating a Template
- Modifying a Template
- Using a Custom Template
- Attaching a Template to a Document
- Copying Styles between Templates
- Creating a Template from a Template
- Tips for Developing Templates
- Understanding Section Breaks
- Inserting a Next Page Section Break
- Inserting a Continuous Section Break
- Inserting an Even Page Section Break
- Inserting an Odd Page Section Break
- Understanding Headers and Footers
- Inserting Headers and Footers
- Inserting a Blank Header
- Inserting a Blank Footer
- Switching Between Headers and Footers
- Editing Headers and Footers
- Inserting Page Numbering
- Inserting Date Information
- Inserting Document Properties
- Formatting Header and Footer Text
- Understanding Recipient Lists
- Creating a Recipient List
- Customising the Columns
- Adding Records
- Deleting Records
- Saving a Recipient List
- Opening a Recipient List
- Editing a Recipient List
- Understanding Merging From Scratch
- Selecting the Document Type
- Selecting the Recipients
- Inserting the Date
- Inserting an Address Block
- Inserting the Greeting Line
- Typing the Letter
- Inserting Individual Merge Fields
- Previewing the Merge
- Completing the Merge
- Setting up Mailing Labels
- Completing Mailing Labels
- Running a Saved Merge
- Excluding Recipients
- Filtering Recipients
- Sorting Recipients
- Selecting another Data Source
- Applying an If…Then…Else… Rule
- Applying a Fill in Rule
- Understanding Shapes
- Drawing Shapes
- Selecting Shapes
- Resizing Shapes
- Moving Shapes
- Aligning Shapes
- Rotating Shapes
- Grouping Shapes
- Arranging Shapes
- Deleting Shapes
- Applying a Fill to the Drawing Canvas
- Applying Text Wrapping to a Canvas
- Text Boxes
- Understanding Text Boxes
- Inserting a Preformatted Text Box
- Typing Text into a Text Box
- Positioning a Text Box
- Resizing a Text Box
- Deleting a Text Box
- Drawing a Text Box
- Formatting a Text Box
- Linking Text Boxes
- Modifying Text Box Margins
- Changing Text Direction
- Applying Effects to Text Boxes
- Creating a Table from Text
- Aligning Data in Cells
- Displaying Table Gridlines
- Inserting Formulas into a Table
- Updating Formulas in a Table
- Sorting Table Data
- Merging Table Cells
- Splitting Table Cells
- Understanding Table Properties
- Aligning Tables
- Changing the Direction of Text
- Repeating Heading Rows
- Converting a Table to Text
- Enhancing Pictures
- Understanding Picture Enhancements
- Removing a Picture Background
- Correcting Pictures
- Colouring Pictures
- Applying Artistic Effects
- Applying Shadows and Reflections
- Applying a Glow Effect
- Softening and Bevelling Edges
- Applying Picture Styles to Images
- Repositioning PicturesThe Format Picture Pane
- Cropping Pictures Accurately
- Changing the Picture Layout
Valued by Individuals
I love that the topics are getting challenging, and since I've booked since the beginner lesson, Domenico is able to connect all the other trainings we had together. It's super helpful.
Alex - Excel Advanced Manila, 1 Jun 2023.
Perry was very good at explaining how to clean up the data and join the data together to create a single data point for pivot tables. He had some sage advice.
Cindy - Excel Expert Perth, 1 Jun 2023.
Very methodical, knows his stuff.
Kean - Excel Expert Perth, 1 Jun 2023.
The phase of the classes were really good. Making sure that everyone can follow and on the same page. Looking forward for the next lesson.
Ruel - Excel Advanced Manila, 1 Jun 2023.
Really easy to understand and explained everything well. Didn't move too fast so I never felt left behind. Highly reccomend.
Rachael - Excel Advanced Remote West, 1 Jun 2023.
I find it much better having everything in a singular workbook rather than lots of separate files. Got a lot our of the course and learning a lot, very well presented.
Daniel - Excel Advanced Remote West, 1 Jun 2023.
very informative and helpful
glenn - Excel Advanced Perth, 1 Jun 2023.
Again, Domenic was very knowledgeable and had a very easy and logical training style which helped the course to make sense.
Daniel - Excel Advanced Perth, 1 Jun 2023.
Excellent presentation. Even though I have dealt with a lot of the content in the course prior but it was a good refresher and pointed out a few of the upgraded word capabilities I haven't consider using in the past..
Kevin - Word Advanced Remote West, 1 Jun 2023.
Jenny was engaging and supportive throughout.
Andrew - Word Advanced Remote West, 1 Jun 2023.
Trainer was engaging and very knowledgeable on the subject being taught.
Leah - Project Intermediate Adelaide, 1 Jun 2023.
Jenny was a great professor. She did well at breaking down the material logically. Very personable and easy to learn from. Made the class very enjoyable.
John - Word Advanced Manila, 1 Jun 2023.